Not getting the amount of traffic you want to your website? Or enough sales from the traffic you do get?
Are you looking for an edge over the competition?
Let me help. I’m Michelle – a freelance writer and certified content marketer with over 10 years of digital marketing experience.
I can help you communicate your value, educate your customers, and persuade them to choose your products or services over those of your competitors.
I freelanced with digital marketing agencies while I lived in Texas. When I relocated a couple of years ago and was transitioning to life back in my home state of Michigan, I decided to give a corporate communications job a try.
It just wasn’t for me.
So I took courses and earned a few certifications to bring my skills current with the latest in content marketing. Then I made the move back to freelancing, doing what I do best and enjoy most—writing.
The most rewarding part of my work is seeing clients gain visibility on Google and watching their businesses thrive.
Have a look around and check out my services page. If it seems like we’d work well together, drop me a line.
For further information about my background and experience, please see my resume.
Hey there! Still reading?
It seems there are two schools of thought about the right way to do an About page on your website.
- Stick to business. Nobody cares about your personal life.
- Show who you are. People like doing business with people.
Personally, I’m with the second group. I like learning about the people I work with. Their families, hobbies, pets, travel experiences, quirks—whatever they want to share.
In that spirit:
- I’m a word nerd from way back. My shelves are filled with dozens of writing guides, and I subscribe to many, many blogs. I read a book a week on average and have even been known to listen to grammar podcasts.
- I enjoy diving into new subjects that capture my imagination. I’ve always had an intellectually-curious nature.
- Because of the aforementioned intellectually-curious nature, I took longer than many of my classmates to graduate from college. I changed majors a few times.
- On the bright side, the knowledge I collected during my meandering journey through higher education is an asset in my work today.
- I was fortunate to be awarded a writing fellowship in college. Much of my tuition was paid in exchange for helping my fellow students research and polish their writing projects.
- I created my first website in 1999 using Microsoft FrontPage.
- Health and fitness are a big part of my life. Plant-based eating, weight training, yoga, meditation—I’m into all of it. And I have 7+ years of diverse experience in the health and wellness industry—doing everything from personal training to account management to digital copywriting and content marketing.
- I love classic and alternative rock and have a freakishly encyclopedic recall of song lyrics.
I live with my amazing wife and two spoiled fur babies in Royal Oak, Michigan.